Call me at 406-403-8323 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to set up your FREE consultation.
Here is a little information about me.
In addition to Copperhead Production, I also head up the new performing arts department at The University of Great Falls, teaching Theater & Music and organizing events and shows with the students.
I majored in Theatre and Graduated from the University of Montana. I also had an emphasis in Music Composition and Recording Technology. I am currently pursuing my MFA in Playwriting from Hollins University. I will be attending classes for 6 weeks in Roanake, VA for 2 months every summer through 2015.
I used to be a singer myself. My recording and production career started when I was doing vocal arrangements and productions for a variety of dance artists around the globe. I also musical directed many theatre projects. This experience with all different types of singers and styles is what makes me unique as a music engineer/producer… I truly understand a vocalist’s needs and how to bring out their best work.
After spending 19 months working as a Salesman for Manny’s music, I left to pursue music production full time.
I also started the Next Big Hit New Music Mix podcast which quickly became one of the largest independent music podcasts on the internet. Each week I get TONS of submissions for the program. I understand what it takes for an artist to cut through the crowd, because I’m listening to countless independent artists all the time.
I also started the Broadway Bullet Podcast to reconnect a little bit with my love for theatre.
I specialize in recording Pop, Pop/R&B, Pop-Rock, Singer-Songwriter and Musical Theatre styles. I understand each of the genres and what makes them work. I am current on the latest production techniques and sounds associate with each of them.
I go to see way too many movies in the theatres. Some of my favorite movies are: Slumdog Millionaire, Jerry Maguire, Titanic, Sweeny Todd, The Incredibles, Castaway, The Dark Knight, Shakespeare in Love and many more.
If I am not working on music or munching on popcorn in a movie theatre, I’m probably reading a book. Some of my favorite authors include: Dean Koontz, John Irving, Tom Robbins, David Liss, Michael Crichton, George R.R. Martin, Christopher Moore, Michael Connelly and James Rollins among others.
25 Random Things About Me
- I worked at McDonalds for two years after High School during College.
- During College I won over $2000 in several Karaoke contests performing Prince’s “Kiss” with an original rap in the middle.
- I was a DJ for a Country Bar in College, and I also delivered Singing Telegrams.
- I wrote over 22 original Children’s musicals during a five year period when I ran a children’s theatre.
- I have performed as a singer on National Swedish Television
- I had a song I wrote on the CD soundtrack for Superman Returns.
- I used to have a cat named Foxy that was a dominatrix.
- I didn’t drink my entire senior year of High School.
- I started drinking again at a part in Seattle because I was sure it would make the band sound better. It did.
- My favorite role I have ever played is Huck in “Big River”
- I majored in Business for two years before I switched to something more useful, Theatre.
- My favorite show I have ever directed is “Coming Attractions” by Ted Talley.
- I’m good at making intial contacts, but bad at follow-up and follow through.
- I saw Titanic 6 times in the theatre… and am still a guy.
- I have only worked a “regular job” for a combined total of 2 years since graduating college in 1995.
- Wrote and coded my own “Zork”-like program on my Commodore 64 computer in the 6th grade.
- Got into Music and Theatre because my mother didn’t want me spending so much time on the computer.
- I would love dogs if they didn’t lick so much.
- I have been with my “lady-friend” for over 10 years and neither of us want to get married.
- I have seen the New York revival of “Chicago” 4 times in the theatre.
- I never do any prep work or research for my Broadway Bullet interviews.
- I like most chick-flicks.
- I enjoy riding the train when taking trips home to Montana.
- I wrote at least 5 songs for different girls in High School; didn’t get a date with any of them.
- I used mascara to paint on chest hair when I played th Pirate King in “Pirates of Penzance”